Yes! another cricut how too lesson . Had many requests for this one.
NOW before you read on I have to say this is the way I DO it there might be other ways.
OH and i do not work for cricut or provo craft this is just to help my cricuting friends out.
I have many samples like this on my blog and many people want to how to make them.
check them all out .
1. Start with cartridge of choice and nothing highlighted
2. Now make sure you default is at the size you want the lettering (1" in my card)
3. placing the on the page
4. the default will remain the same
5. I place mine individually (but you can place them all together)
6. Now you get another layer mat
7. Highlight the shadow key
8. Leave default at same
9. and place all letters you want i place mine all individually this way you have the option to tilt some slightly if you want.
10. Now move them into roughly where you would like them on the card
11.continue till they are in place (roughly at this stage )
12. select the square (most cartridges have squares or rectangles you can use for this) if using the george cartridge highlight shift
13. Place a square
14. click weld
15. Move square to the side of the mat that the letters are on
16. Move square till just the left hand side of the middle of the mat
17. use all arrows to adjust it to the size that you need 9be careful not to go over the cut area of the mat (which is smaller than the mat )
18. Move the letters to your square so they JUST over lap the square
19. making sure you weld each letter
20. Till they all look like they are in position
21. check that you remembered to weld the square (i am always checking LOL)
22. And continue with the side letters remembering to over lat them slightly with the square
23. And that they are welded
24. Now go back to first layer
25. right click on the mat and dialog box will come up go down to include page in preview click on it and it will turn tick off
26. Get yourself a new layer mat (as in no. 6 ^)
27. Push on the eye (Preview)
28. And it will show you how it is going to cut and you will see if your letters will be attached or cut off
29. back to middle layer
30. and square
31. with the weld on
32. Add a square on your mat
33. Size it so it goes up to the very center line
34. and overlaps the other square at the bottom using the arrow keys
35. Go back to last layer
36. Push preview button again to refresh it from last viewed time
37. And you should see that everything is joined and not going to fall off
38. Re-Name the layers first on "top lettering " second "base card colour" and last Don't cut (don't know how to delete this page so easy to just write don't cut ) TO FIND OUT HOW TO DO THIS GO TO MY OTHER LESSON
39. I just arranged the top lettering to save paper
COMPLETE Hope this helps all that have been asking for a lesson on it sorry it took soo long after the first requests came in.
IF you have a cricut and the cricut design studio HERE IS PATTERN